Here’s a list of some of Lester’s and Katie’s favorite books from 2019. It was hard to choose only 10!
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Why Are All of the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria by Beverly Tatum
On Earth We are Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong
Heavy by Kiese Laymon
Ordinary Hazards by Nikki Grimes
- There Thereby Tommy Orange
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
- How we Fight for Our Lives by Saeed Jones
… So we added another 10 for our favorite children’s books!
- Just Ask by Sonia Sotomayor
- Fry Bread by Kevin Maillard
- Front Desk by Kelly Yang (chapter book)
- Alma and How She Got Her Name by Juana Martinez-Neal
- The Wall in the Middle of the Book by Jon Agee
- Maybe Tomorrow? by Charlotte Agell
- A Boy Like You by Frank Murphy
- Dasher by Matt Travares
- 28 Days: Moments in Black History that Changed the Worldby Charles R. Smith, Jr.
- Truman by Jean Reidy
Did any of these make it on your list of favorite reads this year? If you have read any of the books on this list we’d love to hear your thoughts. And let us know what is on your “To Read” list for 2020.
Happy reading! — Katie and Lester